Friday, September 28, 2012

Ice, Ice, Baby & Wearing Your Eating Pants

 
I made the last minute decision of not going to spin & core class tonight. Part of me feels poopy about not going considering I paid for the class, but the other part just wants to hang out and ice. So, that's exactly what I'm doing. I used to ice ALL. THE. TIME. while I trained for my first half marathon. After that, the activity happened every so often, mostly when I was starting to feel sore. However, to prevent injury, it's not a bad idea to do it frequently. I completed a nine mile run today, and during the last three miles my right knee felt off. It wasn't an excruciating pain, but it hurt enough to slow me down and stop a few times to shake out my leg. The last thing I want is to get injured before Sunday's half marathon (did I mention how I want to PR at this one? Yeah, I do).
 
The other thing I do not want to happen is for my cold to get worse. Yesterday it was a sore throat, and now, although my throat feels semi-okay, I am all stuffed up with a faucet nose at unexpected times. You know when one side is stuffed and the other, well, isn't? Yeah, I have that happening right now. I'm sure you're glad I shared that. Anyway, I am just going to REST and RELAX and ICE and hopefully have something filling to eat, because now I am hungry (like a wolf).
 
 
Actually I have on my pajama pants, but that's the same thing. If it has an elastic waist, it counts as eating pants! And yes, I did just put a That's So Raven picture on the blog. No shame! The only thing that sucks about being hungry after a run is when you are lounging in the lazy boy recliner with ice packs (or rather, one ice pack and one bag of frozen berries) on your legs. It makes it hard to get up, and unfortunately my personal chef is off duty. Ugh, hard life (I'm kidding about the personal chef, if you didn't get that).
 
Anyway, I'm going to go... do not important things, like maybe take a nap (unlikely. I say this with good intentions, and it never happens), have some dinner, aaand... Yeah. Okay, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment