Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Office Advice, Getting Things Done & 50 Dips

I love half marathon training. I really do. However, sometimes it hurts. It mostly hurts to get out of bed in the morning. Would I rather sleep in than wake up at 6 (or earlier) in the morning? Of course, but that's just not how it works 90% of the time. The other 10% it does, but then I'm forced to run after work or whatever is happening that day. You know, when you just want to crawl back into bed and not do anything productive at all. I am excited to get back into long runs and a somewhat regular running schedule. So, to cap off (or rather, to make) a 30 mile running week, I did 3 miles this morning with some speed thrown in. I actually slept in half an hour longer than I intended to, and my first thought was, "I'm supposed to be running right now," followed by, "I would've been done right now. Should I do it now? Maybe I'll go after work." Nope. I kicked my own ass, got out of bed & broke a sweat. It was worth it! Now I can veg out with my sweatpants out (on, whatever).

Now that I have two days off of work AND running, I'm ready to either be lazy or productive. The past few days I have baked a lot of pumpkin muffins (the first batch I baked is gone, then made two batches today that are mini sized), so maybe I'll venture into another baked goods territory & post the recipe for you guys. I also may invest in a new pair of runners. It has been a good run (literally!) Mizunos!

Here's an arm challenge for you. Drop & do 50!

Have a great Saturday night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment