Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8 Miles, Fruity Fro-Yo & Dorky Socks (My Favourite)


Today has been one of the most perfect days off. You know those days where you just KNOW it is going to be good, and luckily it is really good? It was one of those days over here. Why? In no particular order:

- Slept in until 8 (instead of the usual wake up call between 6 and 7 am in the morning)
- Made delicious veggie scrambled eggs & green monster smoothie (1 cup unsweetened almond milk, handful of fresh spinach, 1 medium banana, couple chunks of pineapple, 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter. I topped it with raisins, hemp seeds & chia seeds).
- Fresh blueberries. SO GOOD.
- Leftover homemade veggie pizza for lunch
- Almond milk caramel macchiato
- And then an iced skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks (thanks, dad. Coffee is always better when I don't pay for it).
- Hanging out with my cutie pie of a sister



- COMPRESSION SOCKS. Finally. I have been looking at tons online, but I can't justify spending $60 on a pair of socks. So, I found these for $25 at the Running Room.
- First "long" run in a while. 8 miles, baby!
- Yoga, mmm.
- Fresh fruits & veggies from the farmer's market

And then I was feeling hungry (surprise!), so that brings me to one of the best parts of today...


Frozen yogurt! I mixed original & pomegranate froyo as my base and topped it with strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, peach chunks & a couple green grapes. Delicious. I even avoided candy on this one. I know, I know. Who am I?


Lamar is so wise.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment