Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Candle Crazy & All the Feels of Running


So, for the past two or so days all I can think about is the half marathon on Sunday, and how I wish I had put more effort (actually, effort at all) into my training. During my first half, I was so prepared and would run the trails, do tempo runs, hill training, etc. so I could be ready for whatever the course threw at me. Fortunately I was lucky in that the BMO Vancouver half was relatively flat minus a few inclines/small hills (well one short steep hill) here and there. However, looking at the elevation for the Scotiabank half, it's all down hill during the first bit and then it starts getting rocky. Rocky as in a LOT of hills. I don't exactly have a game plan for this one except DON'T DIE and DON'T WALK. The thing about me and racing is we have a funny relationship. I don't race a running race. I run it for fun, try to beat my own times, and overall try to have a good time. However, when I'm ACTUALLY out there running I get into the zone and it's like, well if I stop walking then ol' lady behind me is going to pass. Or, old man Wilson who's been gaining ground fast. That is why I don't walk, and because I want to prove to myself that I can run faster, longer, harder, etc. Plus getting a good time in the end is always great! Anyway, I am actually getting excited for it now, mostly because that means a medal, a shirt & going to the expo to get my race stuff.

Okay, I'm excited now! 


As I mentioned in my last post, I haven't been running much at all. Some things have happened (like a breakup, but I'm not going into details over here) that have made me feel kinda crappy, and yeah a run would make me feel ten times better, but then I went out and did fun things like camping and making homemade margaritas (um if you could call them that) and sleeping in a Jeep and then styling a photoshoot on an hour and a half of sleep and then going out until 3am the next night and then sleeping all day Sunday pretty much. See, life IS good after all! Anyway, it's all about keeping busy and moving forward. Fortunately running moves you forward and makes you feel good, so even though I should be tapering this week - which happens when you decrease mileage, but let's not kid ourselves here since I've barely been running - I ran an easy 3 miles on the treadmill. I say easy because it was a slower pace (around 9:26/mile) and I was still waking up. You know, because sleeping in until 9:30am and then laying in bed awake for an extra hour is SO exhausting. I don't know how I do it sometimes.


And to end this post on a delicious smelling note, Bath & Body Works is having their semi-annual sale which I took advantage of today before class. Aloha Vanilla is burning away on my bed side table right now and smells so freaking good. Seriously, if you have a B&BW store near you (and even if you don't...) I urge you to go riiiiiiight now so you can have a good smelling room too.

Okay, that's all! I think my brain is still in weekend sleepy mode, so excuse all the random tangents. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment