Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let's Get Physical, Physical! And I Like Running (Duh)


"Let's get physical, physical. I wanna get physical, physical!"

So, get physical, I did! After lounging on the couch for the majority of the morning (until 11 anyway), I decided it was about time to soak up some vitamin D & get my run on outside. I drove to my favourite golf course (or rather, the only golf course I know of around me) and ran the 1.6 mile loop a couple times. However, this time I turned around and covered my tracks again to get the extra distance. People probably wondered why the crazy girl decked out in pink kept running by them. I can't possibly go up the hill with a 3.99 mile - I like things to be even! I completed 5 miles and then came home to get my stretch on:


Yesterday in class I actually made my half marathon #2 training plan. What else is there to do when the teacher is comparing orgasms and wet dreams to the feeling you get when buying a book? SERIOUSLY. I don't understand how that has anything to do with costume history, but he's the teacher & I guess he knows all.

Anyway, I tried to have at least 3 solid days of productive runs. As in, a tempo run, a long run & some easy miles to keep me on my feet. I also added in some rest days (at least one a week), strength training and lots of yoga. I have been into yoga lately, and I find it's helping with my running. I have just over a month until the Scotiabank half marathon, so my long runs will be starting (almost) right away. Ah, it feels good to be back in training mode!

And some running inspiration (because I don't talk about running enough):


Seriously amazing!

‎When you see runners in town it’s easy to distinguish beginners from veterans. The ones panting are beginners; the ones with quiet, measured breathing are the veterans. Their hearts, lost in thought, slowly tick away time. When we pass each other on the road, we listen to the rhythm of each other’s breathing, and sense the way the other person is ticking away the moments.
Haruki Murakami
P.S. I am taking my CPR level C & Emergency First-Aid certifications. Hmm, I wonder what this is for... Probablynothingtodowithhealthandfitnessorteachinggroupfitnessclassesandpersonaltrainingwhatwhat.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment