Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Morning Run Fun & Mama's Got a New Pair of Shoes


 By 7AM my workout for the day was (mostly) finished, aside from some walking I did before/after work. Mostly the 1.5 mile walk that pops up on my DailyMile account (and the blog) is comprised of going to the skytrain for work and back home at the end of the day. This obviously happened after 7AM. Anyway, I did an easy 3 miles this morning & a bit of ab work. Long run tomorrow? Maybe. That's what I'm leaning towards anyway!


Then, after getting myself ready for the day I made a bowl of oats. In the mix went: just under 1/2 cup oats, mixed nuts, fresh strawberries & banana, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, raisins & sunflower seeds. It was even more delicious than usual this morning - must try to recreate this!

 Does anyone else feel incomplete in the morning without coffee? I tried to drink green tea every morning instead of coffee. TRIED. This lasted for a week before I finally broke down & brewed some coffee. However, I haven't done that no-coffee thing for a while. It is way too good to pass up & gives a kick start to the morning.


So, with one cup of coffee in me I headed off to work. Brandon actually drove me to the skytrain this morning, so I made up for the lost walking time by browsing around the mall. I also forgot my food in the work fridge, so I got to school & began to sift around my bag for the container and alas. Not there. Oh well, walk back to work and pick it up! Getting back to that coffee though, I stepped into a Starbucks and got a soy Americano misto with caramel, half sweet. So0o0o0o fancy! Not. That was great and put a bit of pep in my step before class. Nothing like a hot beverage to warm you up, too!

And nothing like a new purchase to make you smile:


Even better: when you have a 20% off coupon to use towards them.
Oh and that textbook? Yeah I could've bought like ten pairs of those shoes for the price of that book (I'm cheap, whatever!).

Good night! I'm off to watch the rest of Center Stage before I hit the hay. I have a day off tomorrow, then back at 'er again.

No comments:

Post a Comment