Monday, March 19, 2012

How Often Do You Thank Yourself?

 

How often do you thank yourself for the things you do? More importantly, how often do you thank your BODY for everything it does for you? It's easy to take our legs, arms, etc for granted, especially if you feel insecure about these parts. Likewise, how often do you look at yourself in the mirror and think, "I wish I could change my _____."? Instead of focusing on the negative (which can hinder motivation and bring out the awful, "I can't" phrases & excuses), try thanking yourself and your body for something today.

Today, I thank myself for strong legs that allow me to run. I thank my feet for carrying me through the miles and my heart for allowing me to go the distance.

Remember to appreciate yourself. You only have one body to live in, so you might as well love it! I find that even buying small rewards when you accomplish a goal allows me to keep going. For instance, if I had a great month with lots of hard work, sweat & miles, I might treat myself to a new magazine and nail polish or a new shirt. Small material things are like little indulgences without having to turn to things such as food. I heard a quote one day that said, "You are not a dog. Food is not a reward." It's always stuck with me, but I mean, sometimes cookies and treats are hard to pass up. And that's totally okay! Just make sure to gift yourself with useful and fun things, too, if you are trying to eat clean and avoid sweets.
 

Most of all, be proud of yourself. It takes a lot of courage to get out there and work hard to accomplish your goals and chase after your dreams. The people who tell you you CAN'T do something are just reflecting on their own limitations, so ignore them & don't let them in your way!

47 days until the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon.
I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment