Wednesday, September 7, 2016

SERIOUSLY Easy Mexican Black Bean Salad


A picture of me grocery shopping this morning after cleaning out the fridge. Hello, produce aisle! ; )

Good morning, friends!

I am back from Kelowna, which means I am back to our regularly scheduled blog posts. I had so many blog ideas pop into my head while I was away, so stay tuned for some fresh content coming your way!

My Kelowna recap will be up on Friday (in lieu of a 5 Things Friday post), so for now I wanted to share a delicious Mexican-inspired salad I made this morning. It is super easy, doesn't require any fancy ingredients, and is packed with fresh veggies.

Easy Mexican Black Bean Salad


1 cup cooked wild rice
1 can black beans (rinsed)
1 can corn kernels (I purchased low sodium, otherwise rinse to reduce extra salt)
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
Buttloads of cilantro (or however much you like. I am a cilantro fiend)
Pink Himalayan sea salt & pepper (more pepper than salt, though I don't measure this)
1 tsp turmeric
A shake of garlic powder (depending how garlicky you like it!)
Juice of half a lemon

Mix it all up and VOILA! Easy peasy, lemon squeezey. 


And of course an obligatory Nala picture from our walk on the trail today. She is so stinking cute!

---

See ya on Friday with my Kelowna recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment