Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fall Inspired Salad + Easy Maple Tahini Dressing Recipe


Good morning!

Who else is totally in fall mode? I have been wearing sweaters almost on the daily, and have even busted out the fuzzy socks in the evening. I am a chilly person by nature, so I have welcomed the cooler weather with open arms because that's an excuse for me to get cozied up.

On that note, even the recipes I have been making lately have been fall inspired. I have been frequenting our local market to find produce grown in our area, and have been experimenting with some new flavours.

In this post, I wanted to share a salad that I created on Monday afternoon. It is simple to make (I am ALL about easy recipes), and tastes super good, too!


To make the dressing, you will need the above ingredients.

Add a big scoop of tahini into a mason jar, then squeeze half a lemon into the jar. Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (loooove this stuff!), and some good quality maple syrup to taste. If you like your dressings on the sweeter side, add more. I think I added under a tablespoon. Then, add in some cracked black pepper, salt, and a dash of water to thin things out, and put the lid on your jar and shake, shake, shake it up!

One jar, less mess ; )


For the toppings, you will need about half a carrot, half an apple, and half a kohlrabi (peeled).

Grate up all of your toppings!

For a protein, I used smoked tofu, but chicken would be yummy too if you aren't a tofu person. I found my smoked tofu at the local market, but you can find it at any grocery store! I sauteed my tofu in a pan with a dollop of extra virgin olive oil.


Add some greens to your plate and sprinkle your grated veggies on top. Then, add your tofu or protein of your choice. I had some sprouted beans and peas that I added for extra crunch. Last but not least, add on your maple tahini dressing and voila! Done and done.


If you are looking for more tahini recipes, I highly suggest checking out Simply Quinoa for more dressing ideas and yummy recipes.

---

I hope you enjoy today's post! I will catch ya in the next one : )

No comments:

Post a Comment