Monday, August 22, 2016

My Return to the Gym After Almost THREE MONTHS!


Well hello, friends!

As you can tell by the title, I am back to the gym.

Yep, that's right. I am back to the gym and actually enjoying it more than I thought I would.

First off, I want to say that I never disliked going to the gym. It just got to the point where I was spending my money on a hot yoga membership (I haven't gone in about a month because it has been SO HOT out, might as well do yoga on my deck), and the thought of buying a gym membership separately had me second guessing how much I really needed it. Besides, I have a treadmill, elliptical and free weights at home. What do I need a gym for?

Well, I need a gym for the simple fact of getting myself out of the house. On the same note, the gym has 100x more equipment than I have at home, so it makes working out easier. I don't have to think about what move I can do with this dumbbell or worry about not being able to use a squat rack or quad extension machine.


So, on August 17th I made my return to the gym.

What got me there?

Well, first off I had won a free gym membership at a ladies' night my sister and I went to at the beginning of the month. This was motivation enough for me to go and take advantage of my prize.

What did I do?

Fortunately, despite not being in the gym for a few months, I got into a groove pretty quickly. I completed a back, biceps & shoulder work out that left my upper body feeling sufficiently sore for the next two days. I guess not doing any formal strength training for an extended period of time will do that to ya, hey? I also completed 15 minutes of cardio on the elliptical at level 5 after.


Taken on Tuesday's leg day!


So, yeah! There we have it. And here's what I wore to the gym, because I love a good #WOTD - workout outfit of the day. Shirt is from Lululemon, as are the pants.

Bottom line: I missed going to the gym and I am happy to be back. Mostly I am excited to see how my body changes with the increase in strength training, so I will keep you all updated of course.

---

Now, off to the gym! Have a great day & I'll catch ya on Wednesday : )

No comments:

Post a Comment