Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What I'm Reading + Workout Wednesday


Oh you know, just going in for the ol' ONE TWO PUNCH! This photo was taken five days out from my first bikini competition. Crazy to think that this time last year I was still in prep-mode!

How is it going today everyone? We are at the middle of the week - hooray! Yesterday was my Monday, and I was totally having a stereotypical Monday (even for a Tuesday). You know those nights where you don't have a good sleep, and then everything throughout the day is just issue after issue, and then you have commitments after work and then you come home at 8:30pm and feel like going right to bed? Mhm. That was me yesterday.

So was this:


In my head of course, but nonetheless.

I am happy to report that today was much better! I have been into a new book this month, so I took some time this morning to spend at least fifteen minutes reading. It has been a goal to read a book per month, and so far, so good! Last month I read Miracles Now by Gabrielle Bernstein and it was a great way to inject some peace and positive vibes into my day. If you are into books that make you think and dive deep into your thoughts, then this is the book for you. Personally, it forces me to think outside of my little brain box, if that makes any sense. It has given me a different perspective on some things as well, because when I catch myself being negative about a situation, at least I can acknowledge it and try to move on without feeling stuck in that negative space.

The book I am reading for the month of May is along the same lines. From what I gather, it is an interactive book that allows you to write in certain sections and brain storm. I am all about brain storming and getting those ideas from my head to paper. This is what the book looks like in case you are wondering!


And a little sneak peak at some items on my desk right now!


Forever throwing it back to that one time I was fifty shades of chocolate ; ) And of course some plants because air purity, am I right? There is also an aloe plant on the shelf. More office decor to come! Planner is by Erin Condren - loooove this, and speaking of my planner, I need to get on planning this week! Ryan's dad has been over since last Friday, so my evenings have been a little all over the place (aside from taking some downtime to check in on the blog)!

Anddddd now it's time for work out Wednesday!

I haven't been to the gym in a hot minute, but tonight a co-worker and I went to a fitness class. Originally we were planning on attending the barre fusion class, though that class sold out like half an hour before it started SOOO we missed the boat big time on that one. Fortunately, we only had to wait fifteen minutes before another class started. Although it wasn't the barre fusion class, it was a cardio strength class and HOLY CRAP. My legs are sore as I lay here on my couch typing to you guys. It was a great work out. Tough, challenging, I wanted to die laying there on the mat doing glute bridges holding a medicine ball over my head, but it left me feeling great! It was a circuit style class with twelve different stations. We ran through each station once, and then we divided it into three sections of four exercises. You repeated the four exercises three times - twice for forty seconds, one for thirty seconds, and then moved onto the second set of four exercises. Does that make sense? The first section was cardio, second was legs, third was strength and fourth was strength and abs. The hour went by pretty fast, and I was happy to get a good, heart pumping work out in. You know when you do a work out and you feel sufficiently worked? That's how this class left me. I am always up for a challenge though, so I am sure we will be back!

What is your favourite work out class? Let me know in the comments!

I hope you guys are having a good week so far! Later friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment