Saturday, January 16, 2016

Control What You Can Control


A Saturday night blog post? What is this!?

Usually I'd be in bed by now, but the past couple days I have been going to bed much later. Tonight I was perusing through some of my competition photos from my first bikini competition in June (part two found here), so I thought I'd pop onto the blog and share how the week is going.

Let's rewind to Monday, the last time I checked in. I came down with some awful cold bug that sent me home halfway through the day on Tuesday, and left me in bed slash laying on the couch all day Wednesday. Who knows where it came from, but I am so happy to be over it now!

Only, I am battling something else right now. I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed Thursday morning, so needless to say the whole week has been a write-off work wise in that I have been at home sleeping. Yesterday I took three or four naps throughout the day! This is kind of insane for me given that although I enjoy naps, I think of all the other (productive) things I could be doing instead and simply never do it on a regular basis. However, I suppose my body needed the rest. I have been on a few different medications to help reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation. Fortunately most of the swelling in my face has gone down - certainly don't have ginormous chipmunk cheeks, by any means. They're just on the smaller end of the chipmunk cheek scale. Thankfully icing right away after the surgery plus on and off throughout the day on Thursday (and a bit yesterday) has helped with the swelling. Further, my diet has now become a lot more softer and liquefied than my veggies and chicken before. Smoothies with greens and protein powder, some soft pureed vegetable soups, popsicles, unsweetened applesauce... So. Boring. I do admit, I had some ice cream last night and tonight which actually felt really nice on my mouth, but I am technically still doing the Shred program so I am trying to be mindful and not all, YAY ICE CREAM during this healing period. The "real" food will come back all in due time! As far as work outs go, I am taking a bit of a break from the gym to ensure I do not disrupt any healing in my mouth. I read that the bottom wisdom teeth tend to have a slower healing process than the top wisdom teeth, because they are being extracted from bone that is more dense in the lower jaw. The last thing I want to be doing is being in the middle of shoulder presses or something and having one of the stitches in my mouth rip (sorry for too much information, but really. That would be scary)! So, it is important to me to keep my diet in check if I can't be in the gym! Control what you can control, right?


Lots of cuddle time with Simba the past few days!


He's pretty cute. I think this was before I woke him up and he attacked my hand.



Drinking a green smoothie as I complete some personal training homework. YES, I am still doing this! I have moved onto my second course (out of three courses), which is all about being a successful weight trainer. One thing that I love about these courses is how in-depth they are. As I was completing my quiz tonight, I would go back in the book and reference back to some things. So many great examples and explanations, which will be extremely helpful when it comes to my exam. Speaking of exams, I have my first one scheduled mid-February, so lots of my time in the evenings now will be spent studying. I am looking forward to having that behind me so I can continue moving on in the program!

Well, I will leave you with that & talk to you soon! Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment