Friday, August 1, 2014

Looking Back at July

Hey, hey, party people! Happy August. Who else is excited about the long weekend!? This girl sure is.



I wanted to do a post to highlight some of the fun shenanigans that took place in July. I don't have any monthly favourites for July (mostly because I am not using many new products), so I thought this was a good way to recap the month. Let's get started!


My sister took a trip to Europe and arrived home in July. Hooray, best friend forever (also by default) is home. She can never escape me, muahaha. Naturally I had to make her a sign complete with sparkly ribbons - oh, and my mom and I wore these crazy headbands and sunglasses, too. For whatever reason dad didn't want to take part in that. Sarah looks so thrilled to be home! ;)


Picking some giant zucchinis from my garden! I have two plants (one would have been sufficient, but, why have one when you can have two, right?), and they have produced SO MANY zucchinis! Seriously. The next time I post a picture of myself I might look like one.


But wait, there's more. There's more that need to be picked, too! I started giving them to coworkers to get rid of them, and Ryan and I have used quite a few in our cooking adventures. The zucchini madness just doesn't end.


A beautiful day spent at New Castle Island! Ryan and I spent a Sunday wandering the island, swimming, and we packed a picnic lunch to take with us. It was so sunny and gorgeous out!


Nothing beats freshly picked blueberries! Ryan and I did some work around his yard, and I spent a good chunk of the afternoon picking blueberries from the bushes in his backyard. From these I made a blueberry crumble and two batches of blueberry muffins (and there was still leftovers).


Shopping trips! "We're just browsing, thank you!" Pfft. Yeah, I kinda have a thing for tea and LUSH products. I can't help it. They are just so good!


Setting sail before the veil! My good friend is getting married in a couple weeks (so soon!), so we had a bachelorette/stagette party last weekend to celebrate. It was an excellent time filled with good friends and uh, quite a few drinks.


For after work runs when it is so ridiculously hot outside, I am beyond thankful for my treadmill! Treadmill running isn't exactly a highlight of the month (it's kind of a regular thang), but it's a certainly a savior in this hot, hot, heat!


Evenings spent reading at the beach. Sarah and I headed out earlier this week with Starbucks and trail mix in hand, plopped ourselves down in a patch of sunshine and just relaxed. It was so nice!

What are some things you loved this July?

No comments:

Post a Comment