Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reflecting on 2013


Pop, fizz, clink!

Happy New Year!



I spent the evening surrounded by some pretty cool people, and I'm happy to have spent the night laughing, smiling and snapping photos with friends. Fortunately the party we went to was literally a ten step walk from my driveway, so getting home wasn't a problem! Gotta love when it's convenient like that.

We stayed out until about 2am before trekking up the hill back home. I slept like a baby, aside from being woken up from my sister texting me at 8AM, and finally got up just after 11:30AM. Holy cow. I have never slept until that time in YEARS! "Back in the day" (because I'm an old woman and all) I could, but now sleeping in is a treat. Does anyone else find that after an evening of drinks they wake up early anyway? Weird how that works. Anyway, I am pleased with how 2013 ended and look forward to a new year ahead!


So, I woke up feeling a little under the weather. Head pounding, make up smeared under my eyes after my half hearted attempt at washing it off last night (wet wash cloth, rub on face, good enough), and craving WATER, WATER, WATER and perhaps a loaf of bread. "There must be something wrong with you," my dad said to me. "You are eating bread, you took Tylenol and you didn't run today." In my defense I just came off a 31 day running streak, which my total for the month ended up being 136 miles. That's an average of 4.38 miles every day. Not too shabby! Further, it was nice kind of just having a rest day. And not a one mile rest day but a total rest day where I could just hang out, eat my eggs in peace and drink crazy amounts of water without having to get up and go somewhere. I hope you guys had a good New Years day today!

2013 was a good year for me. Despite changing jobs a few too many times for my liking, I landed a job that I genuinely enjoy that supports me and allows me to learn new things. I "met" (we already knew each other) someone fantastic that makes me smile every day and am very happily in a new relationship. I helped someone reach under their goal time for their first half marathon. I myself ran four half marathons this year and also helped my mom PR in the 5km race. I volunteered at a running race and experienced what it felt to be on the other side of the racing scene. I ran over my goal of 1000 miles for the year (1109 to be exact!). I bought a new Jeep. I started writing for an online magazine called The Region. My family got a new dog, and we love him to pieces even if he steals Oreo's food (tsk tsk Marley boy!). And that's all I can think of right now but nevertheless, 2013 brought me lots of happiness and I know for sure that 2014 will bring me even more!

Of course, thank YOU for reading my little place here in the blog world. I appreciate every one of you and thank you for coming along on my journey :)

All the best to you and your loved ones in 2014! What's something you accomplished in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment