Friday, December 27, 2013

A New Toy, Veggie Bouquets & Holidays


Merry Christmas!

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and were able to spend lots of time with your friends and family. As you can see, Marley wanted to help with the opening of the stockings. And by help I mean lay on the bed and fall asleep. 


Before we opened up gifts, I spotted a vegetable bouquet on the fireplace from Santa. I never really ask "Santa" for anything on Christmas as I'm finding it harder and harder to think of things, so Santa took note this year and got me some of my favourite veggies! So cute and a funny little gift that just screams me, I think. 


And holy moly look at this beauty! I literally burst into tears when I saw this. I have been wanting a treadmill for about a year now and am so thankful my parents surprised me with this. It is SO quiet and you can't hear the motor running or the bed squeaking or the frame creaking. Needless to say, I am feeling very blessed and so thankful.

Insert running update here: 116 miles for the month and 4 days of running left in Run Every Day in December challenge. I did a long run of 10 miles on my new treadmill best friend today!

Further, we were surrounded by family all day! It was great to catch up with relatives we don't see often. We had about 15 people over for brunch, then went to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner where there were even more people. We stayed out into the wee hours of the morning, and then Sarah and I braved the mall for some Boxing Day shopping and gift card spending.


This post is going to be fairly short and sweet, but I wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy holiday season and all the best in the New Year! Time for me to refill my crazy cat lady mug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment