Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Can't Think of a Witty Title




Friday fun with Sarah and her friend Rachel. I have a Beauty Tuesday post coming up this week with things I purchased that afternoon, so I don't want to spoil it today!

One thing that was awesome about Friday: Pink cups from Blenz in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month. So cool! I love me some pink, so obviously I was over the moon with this change. Super bright and fun, and a lot of store associates were asking us where they could get pink cups too. If you have a Blenz coffee shop near you, go support! Right meow!

The past few days in running:

Wednesday: 10.1 miles. This was my last long run before the half marathon next weekend!
Thursday: 8 miles
Friday: Off. I was going to run, but then things like shopping and going out for breakfast for dinner with my parents happened, and I didn't feel like it anymore. Womp womp.

Today's run: 8 miles with lots of pick-ups throughout to keep my legs turning over quickly. I was going to do some hills as well, but I figured pick ups and hills weren't a good mix when I still have a run to do tomorrow.

I followed up my run with some stretching and core work mixed with squats & upper body strength training. I have been slackin' on that!

Tomorrow's run (fingers crossed): 8 miles with maaaaybe some hills. Maybe. Maybe, we'll see.

Weekly mileage: 35 miles

And then TAPER! Aah how I despise the taper. I just want to run all the miles! I know it's beneficial in the long run (ha, so punny), but waiting up until race day makes me very antsy. I suppose that's the point.


Anyway, just a quick check in to share what I have been up to lately! Good luck to anyone racing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment