Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shopping Haul, Noodle Legs & T-Rex Hates Push-Ups


Sarah, Brandon & I ventured to Victoria for the day, and this could only mean one thing: SHOPPING! Since Sarah's birthday has passed and she was sick, we had to post-pone our shopping trip and were able to get out there today and spend some birthday money. Well, she spent HER birthday money, and I am patiently counting down the days until my own birthday. 12 days. Yay!

Anyway, I picked up some stuff from Sephora (above). Did you know you get a birthday gift from Sephora?  Their gift came with a highlighting stick and a mini tube of one of their mascaras. Brandon sure had a fun time being dragged along to all of these girly stores, but he was a trooper! Thanks, B! While in Sephora, I also picked up a face pallet, lip gloss and an eyeshadow stick. Not necessities, but they won't go without use, either.

The bracelet in the picture was picked up from Forever 21!


Red suede booties and a cream coloured sweater with pink polka dots! I pulled the sweater out of the bag and my mom immediately said, "Oh, that is so you!" Yes, yes it is.
(Both from Forever 21)


A stop at David's Tea was absolutely necessary today. I have been without my pumpkin chai tea for far too long, and there were a few other ones (read, all of them on the shelf) that I wanted to try. I am currently sipping on The Skinny, and it is a nice light blend with hints of citrus. Mmm, mmm.

Then, a trip to the candy store for chocolate almonds and Jelly Belly jelly beans, and we were on our way home.

So, since I didn't get a work out in this morning, I opted to do it after we came home from Victoria.


It was a mish-mash of random things!

3 x 10 push ups
3 x 10 stiff-legged deadlifts (10lb weights)
25 weighted oblique crunches
1 minute plank
50 plie squats

And I ran two miles. Two flippin' miles. Note to everyone who runs in the world: Running with a tummy full of chocolate almonds and Jelly Belly jelly beans is not a good combination. I wanted to do five miles, and sure I could've pushed through it and done it, but all I could think about was how heavy and noodle-like my legs felt under me and how full I was. It also didn't help that I chugged half of my tea on the way home. Anyway, two miles is better than none, but I would like to have some higher mileage next week! Gotta ramp it up!

Hope you are having a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment