Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sunday Fun-Day, Power of Purple & I'm a Sucker


I went for a speedy run on Sunday where I literally felt like I was flying along the trail. I completed five miles at a 7:52/mile pace, and I was so excited after! All this outside running and hill training has been paying off. Hmm, who woulda thunk!

I was also super pumped about a new running shirt I purchased at Winners, so maybe that added to my Sunday morning speed.


Welcome to my bathroom, where basically all pictures are taken. Also, please enjoy my sweaty red face as I had just walked in the door from my run. Most importantly, here is that awesome shirt! It is a light technical shirt that wicks away moisture. The best thing about this shirt is that it doesn't ride or bunch up under a running jacket, and even when you roll the sleeves of your jacket up, the shirt's sleeves stay put and still allow air to circulate through the fabric, therefor keeping your skin cool but protected. Plus, it's purple, and I seem to be a real purple lover! Note the purple iPhone case. And if you walked into my room, all the purple shirts, scarves, and running gear. Moving along to more Sunday fun.

My mom's friend hosted a private party at LUSH cosmetics in Nanaimo after the mall had closed. We were pampered with facials, foot soaks and scrubs, and arm treatments with their fantastic products. However, before that began, I had a whopping ten minutes before the other stores closed to pick up one of these puppies:


Ah, almond milk and espresso induced heaven. This gave me lots of energy to get my shop on in LUSH! We had a $25 gift card to use in store, so I picked up various lotions and potions and spent money I didn't need to spend on other products, too. I must have the sign "SUCKER" written on me, because it happens every time. When will I ever learn?

Monday was a rest day and a junk food filled day. I was doing so well, so I was bound to crack! Brandon and I drove down to the store craving ice cream, so ice cream was bought! Moosetracks, more specifically. Now that I've had my chocolate fix (although, there can never be enough chocolate), it's time to get back on the healthy train and continue another good week of training and eats.

I woke up early and busted out just over 4 miles on the treadmill (4.02 if we are being specific... What, I like to keep accurate counts). Since I haven't been doing any "official" speed training, I threw in twenty minutes of intervals into this run to keep my heart rate up and my legs moving at a quicker pace. It definitely helped the time go by faster, so if you are a treadmill user as well or are looking for ways to break up your work out, try mixing it up with some speed. The faster you run, the sooner you're done!


Ah, every day oats packed with seeds! It is the bomb diggity at satisfying your hunger, plus the protein-packed peanut butter and fibre-filled oats stick to your ribs and help you feel fuller for longer. They also digest slower than processed carbs, which gives you energy through to your next meal. I enjoyed my oats with some Starbucks blonde roast coffee on the side (with honey and almond milk, so original) for a burst of caffeine. If you haven't tried the blonde roast, it is definitely my favourite. I was never a huge fan of Starbucks' regular coffee, but this is a lighter roast that doesn't taste bitter or burnt at all. A win win! Plus you can get it at a discounted price at Winners or Walmart, so that's nice, too.

I am making my way through that Marathon Training Guide I bought not too long ago, and there is a LOT of fantastic information in there that I will be sharing with you all in the posts to come! Get excited!

(or maybe it's only me that gets excited about learning everything nutrition and running related. Weird)

Good night! Gotta run loooongggg tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment