Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I Heart Endorphins


Hey party people!

I am feeling excited and sore about a new fitness class I went to tonight. On Mondays and Wednesdays for the next few weeks I will be attending a boot camp class! It is hard, challenging, and fun all rolled into one class. One thing I love about joining a fitness class is that you are making the commitment to yourself and to those in the class, so you can't turn back. We did a combination of various exercises that targeted each part of our body, although the focus was mainly on upper body.


Some exercises we did tonight:

Shoulder presses, rear delt flies, chest flies, tricep extensions, bicep curls, an ab circuit at the end and some tabata style cardio drills mixed in to keep our heart rates up. Cardio included mountain climbers on the stability ball, running stairs, and burpees on the stability ball. Whew! My arms are feelin' it already, that's for sure.

So, what is next on the training plan?

With half marathon #5 around the corner in 18 days, I want to work on my tempo and power up some hills to not only strengthen my legs but gain some speed as well.

HOWEVER

Since I am taking fitness classes three days a week, this means I may have to do double day workouts and use a class day or two for cross training (which is what I planned on anyway). I am planning on a tempo run in the morning, so I'll let you know how that goes if I survive. I kid, I kid. It will go wonderfully and I will suddenly transform into a wicked fast speed demon.

Just call me Usain Bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment