Sunday, October 7, 2012

Goodlife Fitness Victoria Half Marathon - Expo

 
The expo was cray cray yesterday! Yes, I just pulled a Kim Kardashian there (and not in the way she is famous for). In the afternoon I headed to Victoria to the half marathon expo, and it was hard to squeeze through the crowds of people. Since I was already impatient and whiny about all the "idiots on the road" (I used some mean words, but I will just use nice words in this post), I was frustrated that I had to wait even two minutes in line. Talk about princess, hey? Or rather, talk about hungry and tired, a deadly combination for me. Anyway, once I got the numbers, it was time to hit up the booths and see what was there!
 
 

 
I picked up these socks after receiving a 10% off coupon in my virtual race package. In fact, I am wearing them right now, and I must say, they are great! Plus they have pink in them and are super cute, so it's right up my alley. It was cool that the half marathon sent coupons via email. There's a lot to use, so I will have to sift through and see what I truly want. One of the deals is a free subscription to iRun magazine. Naturally I scooped that up ASAP! At the Scotia Bank Half Marathon, iRun was there handing out free buttons, magazines, and other information. Of course I had to grab it all, and I got a button that says "iRun 21.1" Oh yeah! Since I already have a button I settled for a magazine. Hey, that's still good to me.
 
Plus, there were samples. Well, lots of drink samples anyway. I tried a vanilla protein drink from PowerBar (which I was not too fond of), a chocolate milk with electrolytes in it, and I got a free mini carton of chocolate milk. It helped fill me up for a little bit, anyway! Race expos are always super fun...
 
..And so are races! And I had fun in this race. Although I didn't kick ass or PR, I felt AWESOME. I was so thankful to be out there running, and thankful for the fact that I even started running in the first place. Running is always there to challenge me and make me feel better about myself when all I want to do is sit around and be negative. I am also thankful for all the people who support me and my love of running. Sometimes I wonder why I do what I do. Why do I get up at 4:50AM to run 21.1KM an hour away from me? Then I think of what my life would be like if I didn't do what I do. It would suck. I love running too much to stop, and I am thankful that I have the ability to literally chase my goals. It's not always the most comfortable thing ever once the soreness sets in, but boy is it ever fun!
 
I'll stop gushing now. Gotta save some of that sap for tomorrow when I talk about the actual race!

No comments:

Post a Comment