Friday, August 17, 2012

Unplanned Rest Days & What's Happening


Hi friends! How are you doing this fine Friday? I must say that I skipped my workout (kinda) today. Starting off the post on a slightly negative note... Yes. Anyway, I wanted to do a shake out run after my 9 miler yesterday, but I woke up this morning with ridiculously stiff legs. However, once I started moving and getting myself ready for the day, I felt good enough to run. Of course. It always happens that way! I decided to skip it for the morning and get back to it after work. Only... It was 80 degrees in the house alone, and even with the fan blasting at me while I hopped on the treadmill, I only ran a mile before calling it quits. Yeah, I could've done three more, but I felt like I would've passed out since the last thing I ate was a kiwi after lunch. Smarty pants, not really, but at least I was smart enough not to push it on an empty stomach in the heat.

Anyway, sounds smart to me, although it could've been done.

MOVING ON.
What have I been running in these days?


Beautiful, beautiful Mizuno Wave Elixir 7's have made their way back into my life again. Let's all have a moment and appreciate the fact that I am no longer depressed about my running shoe situation. That was nice. And these shoes are even nicer to run in! It is so much better being back in these babies. I am fairly sure I did a little happy dance after I returned the Asics back to the store & came out with these. Lame, I know. I like lame.


Tomorrow is a new day! Gotta get some miles in before the week is over.

Half Marathon Count Down: 22 sleeps
If I counted that right. Anyway, night night!

Oh, and I have two jobs now. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment