Monday, August 20, 2012

The Evil That is Running & My Socks Bring all the Boys to the Yard


Running is an evil form of torturous cardio that makes your body sore and gives you great legs. A negative and a positive. In all seriousness though, this weekend I was starting to think I was burnt out. I took yesterday off, and off of blogging as well, and went to Victoria with the family. We went to The Spaghetti Factory for lunch, and (like always) I got veggie lasagna. If you haven't tried it, I'm sorry your life is incomplete and maybe you should get on that. We also stopped for froyo on the way home, and I upgraded my dinosaur iPhone to the new iPhone 4S. Hooray, I am no longer in the stone age! It was a fun day, but with the heat combined & my brilliant idea of wearing jeans and a zip up hoodie, I was pooped out and overheated. Me so smart. I thought about running in the evening, though that went out the window as well. There was something so appealing about just putting on some sweatpants and laying around. Ahh yes.

Then, I woke up this morning thinking I'd split my long run up in half. Nothin' better than knocking it off the to-do list, especially on a Monday! However, I stayed in bed for a while, then leisurely got ready for the day. Before I knew it, it was 2:30pm and I still had done nothing running related besides simply thinking about it. I laced up my shoes and headed to the treadmill (I am a wuss when it comes to this grossly hot weather, especially when you get even hotter running). My original plan was to do seven miles, then a three mile loop outside once it cooled off. BUT. I got so distracted watching that Honey Boo Boo show (so hilarious. So lame), that when I reached the 7 mile mark I thought, "Whatever, I'll just get it done now." More time to sit on my ass!

Just kidding, just kidding. I'm not that lazy. Instead, I showered (rather than hanging out as a hot and staaanky mess. You're welcome, family), threw on my compression socks and made a green monster smoothie to tide me over until dinner. Buuut... I'm hungry again. Back to the kitchen.


I feel like I would have to eat a LOT of food in order to be satisfied right now. Perhaps it's because I was running on an iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks & a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Oh ma gahd, can't get over how many chocolate chips were in it. Anyway, hopefully dinner time rolls around soon or else I will cry.

Tears of sadness and hunger. Wah wah wah.

In the mean time, I hope you enjoy this picture of me rockin' out with my compression socks out (on).


Ooh la la. My compression socks bring all the boys to the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment