Sunday, June 23, 2013

My "Official" YouTube Debut!


Hey friends!

So, I made the jump to upload a real life video to YouTube! I say "real life" because although my channel has a few videos on there, they are just for fun and really have no purpose. This one, however, is a video about what's in my gym bag (how typical of me), and I even took the time to add some music here and there on a video editing program I have on the computer. I have hummed and hawed about the idea of uploading videos on YouTube, but I figure there is no harm in trying! So, watch my awkwardness above (imagine how weird it is to talk to a screen - gotta get that down pat!) and PLEASE let me know if you have any videos you'd like to see in the future!


I had the laziest morning EVER. And I hate that feeling. I kept looking outside keeping tabs on the rain, then would go back to my laptop and peruse the internet some more. On the flip side, I did get lots of laundry and clean up done around the house, but that doesn't count as anything FUN! So, after running a few errands, I went to visit my fam jam only to find they weren't home. Well, good thing I have my running stuff with me at all times. I'm not even kidding. So, I took this opportunity to turn on The Food Network and watch Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, and run a couple of miles on the treadmill. Oh how I missed that treadmill -- again, not kidding. I completed three miles. Hey, three is better than none! I thought about going for another run this evening since I am bored to death, but it is pouring rain and my brain is like, maybe you should foam roll and ice again instead. I have been feeling a bit of a pinch in my right knee, so it would obviously be smarter to stay inside and nurse that rather than run hard and risk injury, so. That is what I shall do.

And? No junk food today! Woohoo. Look at me go. I really want to get back to where I was a couple months ago with my clean eating and dedicated work out habits. This means lifting heavy things up and putting them down (strength training) and cross training too. Ugh, cross training. If I could just run forever without a day off and not get injured, the world would be a lovely place. Until that happens, I will stick to that tried and true routine and see even bigger gains!

Goals for the next week (so I can start July off on the right foot, prepping a week in advance):
- Eat clean
- Run smart (aka, don't do two-a-day runs if my body says no)
- Foam roll
- Ice thy limbs
- No junk food

And there we have it! Seems like a doable check list. We shall put that to the test when I'm faced with temptations!

Hope you had a great weekend :)

Link Love:

No comments:

Post a Comment